The Kindergarten Team includes:
We are so excited to welcome you to a year filled will learning, building meaningful friendships, and becoming citizens of the world. We will be learning about our role model Leonardo da Vinci. We will use Leonardo da Vinci’s methods of learning to help us build our curiosity for the world!
Kindergarten Year at a Glance
|1st||Citizenship||Citizenship, Wants/Needs, Resources, Jobs|
|2nd||Past and Present||Famous People and Holidays, Past and Present, Five Senses, Physical Properties|
|3rd||The World Around Us||Geography, America, Magnets, Shadows|
|4th||Changes and Cycles||Living Things, Water, Patterns, Change Over Time, Scientific Investigation|
- Language arts instruction includes an hour of PALS (phonemic awareness literacy screening) instruction each day
- Students are grouped based on ongoing assessments
- Each small group will meet with the teacher four times a week during P.A.L.S instruction time
- Word study, concept of print, phonology, handwriting, letter/sounds, and rhyming are taught during this time
- Students will practice writing daily, focusing on stretching out words and using spacing, punctuation, and sentence variation.
- Students will be engaged in shared, guided, and independent reading and writing daily.
- Teachers read aloud from a variety of texts, including poems, fiction and non-fiction on a daily basis.
- In Mathematics, students will learn to count, classify, sequence, sort, match, and experiment with math through hands-on investigations.
- Experiences are presented in a way which allows students to discover how mathematical concepts can be used in interdisciplinary ways.
- Opportunities are given for students to answer open-ended questions and extend thinking.
- Instruction from specialists in music, physical education, art, Spanish, and library are provided.