October is National Bullying Prevention Month. APS teaches bullying prevention to educate and empower students to help create safe and supportive school communities. Throughout this month, counselors will engage in various bullying prevention efforts such as reinforcing the three Rs of bullying prevention, Recognize, Report and Refuse; participating in Wear Orange Unity Day (Oct. 20) to show unity for kindness, support, and inclusion; and spreading the
Upstander Pledge, a commitment to standing up for others. Everyone can do something to help prevent bullying; individuals, schools, and communities each have an important role. Learn what you can do. APS provides a host of resources and helpful FAQs surrounding bullying. View this short video about our efforts.
Barcroft Eagles are celebrating National Bullying Prevention Month with Spirit Week October 25-29!
Join us as we reflect on what we’ve learned this month and how we can go from being bystanders to being UPstanders! Remember the 3 R’s – Recognize, Report, and Refuse and know that bullying is not tolerated at Barcroft Elementary School.
- Monday, October 25 – Put Bullying to Bed, PJ’s Day! You read that correctly, wear your pajamas to school!
- Tuesday, October 26 – We’re all on the same TEAM! Wear your favorite sports team attire.
- Wednesday, October 27 – Wacky Wednesday! Celebrate our differences with mismatched clothes.
- Thursday, October 28 – Together We Make Up a Rainbow! Each grade dresses in their grade color:
- K = Red
- 1 = Orange
- 2 = Yellow
- 3 = Green
- 4 = Blue
- 5 = Purple
- Friday, October 29 – Don’t Stand By, Be an UPstander! We are all in this together! Let’s celebrate in costume.