Topics covered in the 2nd quarter by grade level
- Colors – Identify and name colors. Ask and tell the color of an object.
- Calendar – Identify and recite the days of the week and the months of the year. State current date in a complete sentence using choral activities.
- Classroom objects – Identify and name familiar classroom objects.
- Numbers – Recognize and count numbers from 11-30; ask and tell the name of a number.
- Shapes – Identify and name geometric shapes.
- Family – Name 4 family members (father, mother, brother, sister); tell one physical trait of a family member
- Clothing – Talk about what to wear for each season and weather.
- Calendar – Recite months of the year; name months in each season. state current date in a complete sentence.
- Weather – Tell and talk about the weather in each season.
- Shapes and colors – Tell the color of objects in a complete sentence. Identify geometric shapes found in the classroom, and group by size, color and shape.
- Numbers – Match and recognize numbers from 00-10 to the written word, and write them in words.
- Talk about others – Tell how old you and others are in a complete sentence using “yo tengo… años”, Él/ella tiene… años.” Tell how you feel using “estoy feliz, triste, etc.,” and ask others how they feel using “¿Cómo estás?”
- Calendar and weather – Name months in each season. Describe the weather of each season in two different ways
- Clothing – Talk and write about what to wear for each season and weather. Talk about what to wear for different activities.
- Numbers – Recognize numbers from 0-100 and match them to the price of food and clothing items. Write in words numbers 0-100 by tens. Add and subtract numbers from 0-100. Count backwards from 100 in tens.
- Food – Identify and name some typical foods and food related items. Write a daily schedule of foods that you eat with visual support.
- Shapes and colors – Tell about the color of objects in a complete sentence. Use primary and secondary colors to describe objects orally and in
- Clothing – Write about what to wear for different activities and seasons in complete sentences.
- Calendar and weather – Name the months in each season. Describe the weather of each season in two different ways.
- Numbers – Recognize and write in words numbers from 0-1000. Multiply numbers from 0-10, stating problems and answers orally and in writing.
- Telling time – Count how many minutes in an hour and how many hours in a day using hay. Tell time orally from both a digital and analog clock.
- Food – Identify and name food and food related items; Learn about food from Colombia, Puerto Rico and República Dominicana. Write a daily schedule about what you eat at certain times of days.
- Calendar and weather – Describe orally and in writing the typical weather patterns in the United States, Argentina, Chile, República Dominicana and Honduras.
- Clothing – Talk about items of clothing you would buy in a store, and their prices. Give opinions about clothing, including size and color. Describe what to wear to different activities (fiesta, deportes, escuela, etc.).
- Telling time – Use hay to say how many minutes are in an hour, and hours in a day. Tell time orally from both digital and analog clocks. Talk about how much they spend doing various activities.
- Food – Describe what they like and not like to eat using “me gusta(n).” Learn vocabulary related to food, including adjectives that describe it, and related to ordering food at a restaurant.
- Numbers – Write in words numbers from 0-100, and multiply and divide numbers from 0-1000.
- Calendar and weather – Describe orally and in writing the different climates in different locations.
- Clothing – Give opinions about clothing, including size and color. Describe and make comparisons of different items of clothing.
- Telling time – Talk about how much you and others spend doing various activities. Make comparisons between time on activities using más que and menos que.
- Food – Set the table, describing orally items and their location. Categorize foods into groups based on the USDA Mi plato. Demonstrate how to order food in a restaurant.
- Numbers – Write world problems with numbers from 0-1000.